Through our Camunda Export we would like to enable our customers to create a process overview. This process overview is reduced to the essential in order not to be confused by technical details.
Typical applications for export are:
- Desk test for the purpose of process validation
- Process documentation
The process is transferred to a format similar to BPMN 2.0 and reduced to the essential process logic. The modulation concept and loops in the process are represented in the process diagram only as one action. In the next release, a detailed view will be provided in the form of separate process files.
Export your process
To export your process to Camunda, go to the Data menu and click to the tab Export. The sub-tab Camunda is automatically selected. Now you have the possibility to decide which parts of your process should be exported. The following options are available:
- Whole process (overview): The resulting process files are the two MainScriptRunners. The process logic of the linked microbots is displayed within the MainScriptRunner.
- Whole process (incl. microbots): The resulting process files are the two MainScriptRunners. The process logic of the linked microbots is displayed within the MainScriptRunner. In addition, small process files are exported for each microbot so that they can also be viewed individually.
- Only DCO: As 2. with the restriction that only the MainScriptRunner_DCO and the microbots stored in the DCO folder are exported.
- Only PRO As 2. with the restriction that only the MainScriptRunner_PRO and the microbots stored in the PRO folder are exported.
- Manual selection: As a user you can decide which files you want to export. This is done by simple checkbox selection. Please note that all subordinate process files will be deselected if the parent folder is deselected.
Open your process export
Depending on the size of the process, the export may take up to a few minutes. As long as the export process is running, a Waiting Indicator is displayed. After the export has been completed, a window appears showing whether the export was successful or not for each exported file. To find the successfully exported files in the File Explorer, simply double-click on the entry, or select the line and click on Open folder. The files are saved in XML format and can be opened and edited either with the Camunda Modeller or online on the web.