The pop-up watcher is a parallel running script whose task is to handle and close predefined but random pop-ups. This is especially useful if the user doesn't know when the pop-ups occur. Only pop-ups for which a strategy has been defined can be closed.
The pop-up watcher is a separate workflow file inside the project. It can be found inside the solution explorer and opened by a double-left-click.
- Click on Properties on the right side panel
- Double-click popupwatcher.xaml to open the Pop-up watcher process chart inside the Designer (former Composer). Here you can define which pop-ups to act on and you can define the actions.
- Insert On Foreground Activity inside the pop-up watcher process.
- Double-click On Foreground Activityto expand it.
- Click indicate on the Screen to indicate the type of pop-up window you want the Pop-up watcher to address.
- Insert activities to close the pop-up window inside the flowchart.
The Pop-up watcher is executed automatically if the process is executed via the AM Workflowrobot, and it runs in parallel to the executed workflow. Whenever one of the predefined windows occurs, it is recognized, and the defined strategy is executed. Execution of the Pop-up watcher inside the Designer (former Composer) application is not possible.